Font issue with Lightburn 1.4.05

All of the sudden I stopped being able to load a design from my art library. I’ve tried reloading the art library and it still won’t work. If I try to add the design it causes the program to “Stop Responding” I tried to open the original saved file and it says it cannot load a font. I’ve tried uninstalling the font and reinstalling it. That doesn’t work either. At this point, I have a customer that wants a design that I cannot open. Any help would be great.

Is the issue isolated to a single design or are you seeing this across designs?

Are you by chance storing the art library in a cloud storage managed folder?

Can you post a screenshot of the error that you get?

So far I have only found one design that I cannot open. I have tried opening other designs from the same art library and it works fine.
The file storage location is locally on my computer, but that folder is backed up using google drive.

When I try to load the file from “File Open” it just freezes. The same thing happens when load it from the art library. The only reason I know it is font related is when I directly launch the program by clicking on the actual file from a windows explorer.

It’s very possible that the art library itself is corrupted. There are known issues with file corruption while using cloud storage solutions. I’d suggest taking a proper offline backup now while most of the library is still working.

What are you opening with File Open? A design that uses the font? Or the same design that’s in the art library?

Are you able to upload the file that you’re trying to open here for review?

If the file is corrupted the error may be a red herring. LightBurn would normally fallback with a different font if the font wasn’t present.

1 Like

Here’s the file. I will backup the other files as you suggested.
nativity.lbrn2 (467.2 KB)

Interesting. The file does not in fact look corrupted and may in fact be font related.

I manually edited the .lbrn file to swap all fonts to Arial and the file opens. Hopefully this allows you to recover the design.

nativity.lbrn2 (467.2 KB)

I’ll ask @Rick or @LightBurn to take a look at the original file to see if this might be a LightBurn issue.

I was able to replicate the crash on public beta 1.5.0 on Win11.

Thanks so much. That worked!!

I can recover it from there. Thanks AGAIN

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.