May 24, 2023, 10:02pm
Why does this font show correct on the screen but when I preview it gets all weird? Looking at the R it should not be filled in at the top. The “O” in .COM is fine…
Is there something I can change to fix this? I really need to use the font to match existing branding.
It seems that changing to “Thin Black” then causes some other issues. Such as clipping of the characters, take a look at the “M”.
Not sure what is going on here but none of the Montserrat fonts are working 100%…
Thank you for looking!
May 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Thank you for this post. It would be helpful to review this file, so please post.
How was this “text” built? These shapes look like text, yet produce as if they are just shapes, set to fill, so this is why I ask.
May 24, 2023, 10:23pm
Please see attached, I have created a new file but the same issue as mentioned above.
I simply click the text tool and type then change the font to my desired output which is Montserrat. It appears fine for a second but when I click anywhere else it instantly fills in the “R”.
If the text is on “Line” it also looks weird. I have added a regular font “Cambria” to show what I would expect it to look like.
Thank you for reviewing!
May 24, 2023, 11:33pm
I am not finding this exact font, but did find “Montserrat Thin”. I see that this font has line segments that cross over itself. If the ‘Welded’ is also set, you can see how it changes what is produced. I might search for an alternative which provides this look without the rendering issues.
May 26, 2023, 7:24pm
Thank you for looking into this.
No idea why the Montserrat fonts are not compatible with Lightburn… For now I will just create in Photoshop, Corel Draw, Microsoft Paint, or Word then move into Lightburn.
Hopefully this can be fixed eventually as I hate to use numerous programs to accomplish something so mundane as creation of text.
May 31, 2023, 9:18pm
I would like to add that this isn’t just a rendering issue but it will appear in the finished product. Doesn’t matter if the font is “Welded” or not.
Again I find it odd that the Montserrat fonts do not play well with Lightburn. These are popular fonts. Not like helvetica but certainly someone else will find this issue again.
Thank you for all the help!!
As you can see here, only the “R” is messed up…