Frame function improvement

Hi @LightBurn,
Happy New Year!

You said in Is it possible to have the framing happen on a slight delay - #4 by LightBurn that you have something cooking for the Frame function to run continuously. Can we have that soon™? For us the function as is means you need two people. One to push Shift+[Frame] and the other one to look at the devices :slight_smile:

There are multiple past issues that indicate the same problem with this function falling short (and this is why we can’t use LightBurn :sob: ):

How to get "shift+frame" driving 3 times a test frame instead of only 1 time? ,
…/t/frame-how-i-can-run-the-frame-more-than-one-time/12169
etc.

Daniel/FIT

1 Like

Continuous frame · LightBurn for the feature request link that is closest

Implemented in ver 1.5

While implemented in 1.5, I don’t know if it’s still of use for you:

If you enable “fire on when framing” in recent LB versions, you don’t need to press shift anymore. And since the framing function has a hotkey assigned (ALT+R usually), you can use any wireless keyboard or some add-on keypads to start the framing. Even mobile phones or tablets can function as hot key sender.

Not the continuous framing or any other useful N-repeat feature or so.

Thanks for the tip. This is a real crutch only but … that’s what is possible for now.
I hope this request will make the developer(s) reconsider investing a bit of time in this function.

As @cggorman has indicated the feature is slated for 1.5.

However, if this is a showstopper for you now you can readily remedy this for yourself with a workaround:

1. create a shape on workspace that fits the frame shape desired. If you want a rubberband frame LightBurn provides a feature that will create a rubberband shape in Arrange->Create rubber-band outline from selection
  2. assign shape to a dedicated cut layer for framing. Set speed and power level appropriately for framing operation. Set multiple passes on the cut layer.
  3. select only the frame shape to run, then start the job
  4. once material is aligned, stop the job. If using GRBL, use pause then stop to prevent alarm condition.

Thank you @berainlb for the detailed work-around!

Is there a tentative schedule for the v1.5?

I’ve not seen any indication of timeframe for 1.5 and frankly I don’t think I’ve ever seen LightBurn team commit to a date.

In general I’d advise against waiting on the promise of a brighter future for something that you’re counting on now.

Once a release is available in public beta then relatively safer to say the release is imminent and that you can count on it being released somewhat soon.

Thank you again @berainlb.
May be hell will freeze over in 2024 and we can get a guesstimated timing from @LightBurn ? Pretty please?

The continuous framing is now an option in the 1.5 beta at Public Beta - Google Drive (check Device settings)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.