Frame function NOT WORKING half the time

I don’t know about any others but mine does not have an ethernet port TL410-C
This was never a problem with 9.x releases, it only started with 10.x

Any updates yet?

It’s a fairly significant loss of functionality.
I’d roll back but I also have a Ruida machine which is working well.

I haven’t been able to reproduce this - I’ve got a 410C hooked up and it’s doing what it’s supposed to. I’ve logged this as a bug in the system and will try to investigate further in a bit, and I’ve added a link to this thread in the bug report so I can send updates when I have them.

In the meantime, the one thing that stands out is that TopWisdom doesn’t have as long a timeout as the other DSPs, so I’ve increased it to match, and that will be in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks,
If you need any testing done on a machine that does exhibit this problem, let me know (part of my job is software testing),

I arrived here after trying to figure why I can only get the frame function to work about half the time. Mac connected to OMTech 70w (Ruida clone) through USB. When I try to (square) frame, the laser does one of several things: moves to the starting point of frame and stops, starts to frame down one leg of the rectangle and stops at the first corner, goes down the first and second leg of the rectangle and stops, or frames properly and returns to starting position. It does these things randomly, in about equal(ish) measure, so I only properly frame about 1 out of 3 or 4 tries. When I use the rubberband frame tool, it does similar. The strange thing with this is, if it’s trying to frame a circle or curved section, it moves very jerky, like it’s trying to frame an octogon or faceted curve instead of a nice smooth curve. This shakes the laser head pretty violently when it does this. Not every time, but similar to the square frame tool, about 1 success out of 3 or 4 tries. If I’m using “absolute co-ord’s,” it’s just a small inconvenience of having to keep clicking the frame button until it makes it all the way around. But if I’m using “current position” once it moves and stops, I’ve now lost my starting point, and have to drive the laser back to where I want to start from.
I have the same mac hooked up to my Ortur laser through USB, no problems at all running that machine.
I’d like to connect to my OMTech through Ethernet cable, but the controller appears to have been sent from the factory “unauthorized” and came without a password that I need to authorize it, to allow me access to the parameters like the machine address, etc.

1.0.06 update done, still same issues with framing,410c topwisdom win 10, after months of struggling with this issue…ive figured out how to get framing to work, i noticed that the laser position “crosshairs” shown in lightburn wasnt always moving with the laser head movement, if i use the alt-L aka “set laser position by clicking the screen” clicking around on the screen a few times the indicator crosshair would start working and THEN the frame function would work…atleast that time…also the framing / move speed in the MOVE section does not work, it just runs at whatever speed its running, changing the number does not have any affect, but im more worried with the fame working right now, not sure what went wrong where, but not long after top wisdom support was added to LB these same features had issues and were fixed with an update and everything seem to work great, then an update dropped and it all started having issues again, i wish now i would have paid attention to what update the issues showed up at…i really need to figure this issue out, thanks

The 1.0.05 / 1.0.06 releases were very small, and didn’t include any changes for TopWisdom specifically. The bigger release will include that, but we haven’t had time to test it.

I’ve also verified that the move speed is ignored when framing, and I haven’t figured out why that is happening yet.

I am having the same issue with the frame feature on my Macbook Pro running Monterey and the latest version of Lightburn. I’ll hit frame, and it will only frame one side at a time, sometimes framing 2 or 3 sides, but not quite framing the whole rectangle like it’s supposed to.

@ColleenMarshall I think you’re describing a different problem. The problem listed here is describing a situation where the frame is not working at all. It’s not where the frame function is working differently than expected. You may want to start a new topic describing your specific circumstances.

1 Like

Do you also have a TopWisdom controller? Your profile just says “OMTech 60w” but doesn’t mention the kind of controller.

@LightBurn - I don’t know if the last user answered or not, but I just upgraded to the latest on Monday, I have an OMTech 80 W with a Ruida 644XG controller, connecting using USB, and also a MAC. All was well until I updated, then the framing stopped working properly. It will either not work, go to some random point in the middle of the piece to be framed, and also with this new update I started getting a new message no matter how small the project is (fitting well within my parameters) that says this might not fit are you sure you want to continue? I have to hit Yes every time. I don’t really care if I have to hit Yes every time, although a wee bit annoying, but the framing piece is really needed especially when working on individual items that I only have 1 of, and that item does not even belong to me… Any updates that you have been able to find? Or do I need to post this in another chat?

Which version were you running before?

I was up to date until I did the latest update, I just waited a little while until I could see how others reacted and to let the bugs get out. The version I’m in right now is 1.0.06.

There was exactly one line of code changed between 1.0.05 and 1.0.06, so if that’s the update you did, it was something else that affected it. Did your computer do an OS update?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.