Framing Issue with tool/T2

I have just gotten a new computer and I am having issues while trying to frame my first engrave with this computer. On my previous MacBook when I went to frame my work I could select Trace cut to frame my engrave and then trace the rubber band boundary to trace/frame the tool box around my work. Now both frame buttons just frame my tool box I created around my work. I understand I can turn off the frame of the T2 tool, but I did not have to in the past. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Are you talking about Lightburn here? This sounds like something you might do at the laser. I know of nothing like this in Lightburn.

Yes this is Lightburn. In the laser tab, bottom right of Lightburn screen, are two frame buttons. The frame with the square is the trace cut boundary and the frame with the circle is the rubber band boundary.

Ok, I should have looked at this in the beginning, but a software update fixed the issue. I was using a really old version that came on a thumb drive from Boss Laser.

You are correct, I never read the Hint.

What is the hint?

When you mouse over the Frame button, the hint pops up and mentions “rubber band” in the description. All I ever noticed it doing was framing in the opposite direction. :rofl:

So I can create a box with T1 and a regular engraving circle in the middle, and when I frame with the “RUBBER BAND” function, it will just frame the circle?

If the T1 Frame button is not checked, I think.

That’s what I want to do. For example, if I’m doing a plaque, I want to make a box for it and frame the middle items to make sure it fits on the plaque.

I believe your are correct.

If I remember right (not at laser now), both buttons will Frame a circle. The left one will frame it with a box, the right one will frame it with a circle. I am guessing an odd shape would get an odd shape frame.

True, but if I frame with my origin it will frame the box only. If I change the middle part, the framing will be off.

Not quite. It’s a “rubber band” frame snapped around the perimeter of whatever is selected for output:

Simple shapes, like rectangles & ellipses, will look about the same, but more complex shapes get all their concave parts replaced with straight lines between the adjacent peaks.

Other than with the rotary, I always use Absolute coordinates. Framing has never failed me.

Rubber band, now I get it! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.