Framing Not Working

It’s always worked fine on the PC, at least framing is never an issue. I recently switched to a Mac as my working computer hooked to the laser. It does not frame. I’m on the latest version: 0.9.24.

I just found another Y axis related symptom (could even be a bug) in 0.9.24 on a Mac:

When I mark an object I see its XPos and YPos in the upper left corner, and can even modify it numerically to move the object. This coordinate relates to 1of 9 positions of the object, represented by the 3x3 radio buttons pertaining to XPos/YPos/Width/Height. When I hit any of those 9 radio buttons, only the XPos value changes but not the YPos value.

Can this be related to the framing issue, where the head moves only on the X axis but not on the Y axis?

Interesting, that would explain the way it’s behaving (when framing only traverse the top edge).

Thank you for reporting this. We have been dealing with this and continue to look for a better solution. For some reason, Qt (the cross-platform software development framework we use) on macOS doesn’t update labels & contents correctly when things change - we’ve had to forcibly re-paint stuff on macOS to address this before. It’s annoying.

Edit: Dang, they are fast…

Quote DM from Oz: “Ok, I’ve added a forced repaint to those. Will have to test when I post the next builds.”

I think this may be posted in the wrong area. This thread is about broken framing for Mac. Any updates?

Nothing further to report at this time, continuing to sort issues related to the 9.24 release, some Ruida models with certain firmware versions and Macs.

I was addressing another issue raised in this thread by @Yoga

Just a quick check-in if there has been any solution to this challenge?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.