G code locked out. error 9

Alarm:2|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:71,32767|FS:0,0

ok

Starting stream

error:9

G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.

On or near line 0:

I keep getting this. Cannot do anything. What is the problem and solution?

Problem = Alarm 9.
Solution = Click on that magnifying glass upper right and enter “alarm 9”, then select “all topics and posts”.

Without more information, we can only guess the cause of your problem. I would guess you sent a G10 or G54 code to the controller. G10 is used to force GRBL to operate in a +X+Y quadrant, and it stays in memory even when GRBL is shut down.

If you do not find a solution in the postings, come back and we will help investigate further.

I have a somewhat similar issue with my Laser Master 2, posting a link here in case it’s helpful to you! It includes a link with the list of alarm codes from Ortur, too.

We have to draw a distinction between Error 9 and Alarm 9. Error 9, shown above is the GCode lock-out. LightBurn automatically resets it. Not super critical but the question is, why did it Lock-out?

Alarm 2 is Soft limits. When the laser is first commanded “On or near line zero:” it hits a counted limit. This is very early and very unusual.

Do you get this error on start-up or when engraving a job?

Please Select and Copy the initial laser engraver connection messages from the Console window in LightBurn and paste them into a reply here. This way we can see which firmware revision number and precise model name apply to your Ortur engraver.

It appears that LightBurn is being commanded to go outside the work area and you’ve hit the ‘Soft Limits’. The Machine Position (MPos) is 0,0,0 so that is interesting. It’s not getting very far at all.

The first thing to check is if there is art hiding outside the work area.
With your Project open in LightBurn, in the workspace, Type the following (No Enter Required):
Ctrl A
Ctrl Shift A
Please capture the whole screen so we can see if there is art outside the workspace and how you’ve set up your origin and starting position ‘Start From’ in the Laser Window.

If no art appears outside the work area, the next step is to simplify the test case and look deeper.

In LightBurn, start a new project and draw a single square where you typically work.
Send the job to the engraver and see if the error repeats.

If it does repeat, that’s perfect. In LightBurn, click File, click Save GCode and save the file somewhere convenient. Change the filename to end with .txt and attach/upload the file here. It’s probably a little big for copy and paste.

It’s probably something simple like a setting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.