Current Advisories :
15-Dec-21 - Status Final - Strongly Recommended
Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S1 - 1.75 Firmware Update
Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2 - 1.87 Firmware Update
Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro 1.5 Series update should be dropping next days too.
OLM2 1.4 series will also recieve a firmware update, its ready we just trying to pace ourselfs. 1.42 will launch with only 2 small housekeeping changes.
Few important aspects in the Change logs which i recomend everyone to read
a) The flame sensor will now be by default disabled. Although the sensor works as intended, the variables on UV light exposure on each user envorioment been causing users more agro than benefits. Ortur decided to disable the sensor allowing user to - when they get familiar with the machine enable it back by using the console code $261=70.
The 70 value was what ortur found to be optimal, however it is possible to tweak this value to avoid false positives. THe higher the more UV flicker is necessary to trigger the sensor.
b) Gsock sensor. Many users been also experiencing false positives on the Shock & Motion sensor. The New firmware updates loosened the sensor quite a bit to only make the machine stop on a strong bump.
Most users were finding their machines triggering on more dense vector graphics, obviously although is an important security feature it should not cause more problems than solve.
We do recomend a deep dive into the change log as this firmware been through a severe process of fine tune and bug fixing.
I would apreciate also that you guys went over the included documentation and verify and report back if the update process causes any issues.
CHANGE LOG for 1.75 and 1.87 Versions
- Flame Sensor Default State changed from Enabled to Disabled. Users can Enable Flame Sensor by typing $261=70 in console window and press Enter.
- Reduce Shock & Motion sensor sensitivity to 400, reduce false triggering on Vector Graphics Engraving. Default $262=400;
- Fixes bug in Laser Exposer Detection, which would cause the sensor to trigger between passes at slow engraving/cutting speeds;
- Fix $22 default from 43 to 1, Avoiding -397 -397 Values when homing with $22=1;
- Fix the bug that causes a imediate shuts down after power up, under the circunstances machine been turned off for several hours;
- Fix bug on $262 is set to 0. $262 set to zero will disable shock sensor, instead of making it hyper sensitive.
- Fix bug on G92 offset table to become permanent and resist $RST=* and power cycle. Now G92 G56 tables are volatile.
- Fix Bug on floating point precision causing Motion errors and false Alarm 2 errors.
- Added Unique Serial Number to each motherboard. Example: [SN: F2CB5D6807F4F47F03DFD01AF9258FFB];
- Optimize User Feedback if Machine Power on attempted with Emergency Button Engaged (red-blue LED alternate flash);
- Add $268 Grbl Setting - Enable / Disable Echo Debug On Console (Default 0) [Incompatible with LightBurn Versions Under 1.0.0];
- Add $269 parameters to output Voltage and Current output. Allowing diagnostics on input power source;
- Add $270 parameter to set the baud rate of offline screen communication (default 512000)
- Add Overvoltage and UnderVoltage Protection If voltage detected above 29v or under 19v:
If Input voltage is missing:
[MSG:Power Supply Problem:0V.Check TroubleShooting Section in User Manual.]
IF Input voltage is under 19v. Example user applys 12v power adapter, machine will NOT work
[MSG:Power Supply Problem:xxV.Check TroubleShooting Section in User Manual.]
IF Input voltage is Over 29v. Example user applys 48v power adapter, machine will NOT work
[MSG:No Power Supply:xxV.Check TroubleShooting Section in User Manual.]