ALARM:2 G-code motion target exceeds machine travel

Hello Everyone,
I had the following error come up today. I am trying to start using the machine more often but it has been vey frustrating. Please help.

Starting stream

ALARM:2

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

On or near line 2:

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

ok

Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2 Ready!

OLF 183.

[MSG: Flame detector active,Ambient infrared value:1]

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

Each time it has a different value.

I’m not sure on the Ortur laser which is the homing corner.

I’d double check that the ‘origin’ in Device Settings is correct.

Ensure both the ‘machine’ and software are in the same units, mm or inches.

There is an Ortur group that you can post related items. @OrturTech is very good with these and probably have a better suggestion to get you going.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

The flame detector? Or something else?

In any event, there is a Firmware update. It may improve your overall experience with your engraver.

Thank you, I will check everything this morning.

Also, not to be daft, but is the Ortur group here on the Lightburn forums or are you talking about a separate site?

Thank you.

I moved your thread into the Ortur Laser group. :slight_smile:

Ah, fantastic, thank you!!!

I wanted to add that we tried the reset command and now we appear to be back up and running. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Theres two issues that can come from this
a) you using a non standard job start from, example user defined, and have not defined it
b) you have an offiset

In this case i would
$RST=*
press enter in console
machine will respond with MSG: restoring defaults
Tap reset button

and update firmware with
https://ortur.tech/firmware/OLM_Series/OLM2_PRO_S2_Firmware_Release_1.87.zip

It probably means little to you now, but the ‘G-code motion…’ are reported by the controller, it also indicates ‘On or near line 2’, is telling you which line of code gcode you were executing when it had the failure.

The more you can understand some of these ‘cryptic’ messages the easier this becomes.

Just store it in your brain, it will pull it up one day for some type of epiphany… :crazy_face:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.