Laser stops moving

I saw an older topic that was closed to comments, so I thought I’d inquire again. Why does my laser stop moving, but continues to fire. That’s one issue. The other is that occasionally at the end of a job, instead of homing, the laser head jst stops, but without firing.
I found this after the head stopped moving at thebeginning of a job.
ALARM:3

Reset while in motion. Grbl cannot guarantee position. Lost steps are likely. Re-homing is highly recommended.

Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro Ready!

OLF 170.

[MSG: Flame detector active,Ambient infrared value:160]

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

Been having similar issues, as mine goes to start a job, fires but doesn’t move and has the same Alarm3. Come up in console. I have Ortur master 2 pro S2 tried everything but narrowed it down to the laser module causing the problem. I had just bought the LU2-4-LF had for about a month with little use and it lost power barely leaving an image on simple mdf for testing. Swapped modules LU2-4-SF and have no issues so far but haven’t had time to really get some good testing. Not sure why I lost power in the LF module never had the power past 80% . Just happened all of a sudden.

Several problems particularly flame-sensor sensitivity, are resolved on the Ortur by performing the Firmware update on the device.

Follow the update path in the post linked below.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.