Galvo chuck rotary

Is the chuck rotary supposed to turn when framing like it does in EZCAD? If so my rotary doesn’t turn when clicking frame???

Did you enable the rotary in Lightburn…?

In the setup there is a test button. That should rotate the chuck 1 complete turn and back.

:smile_cat:

Hi Jack

Yes I know about that, but what I am asking is that when using EZCAD and your doing a rotary burn and want to preview the burn start location on the workpiece you would hit the light button and the chuck rotary would spin to that location. In LightBurn when rotary is enabled and you hit Frame the red framing lasers light up the objects to be burned but the rotary doesn’t move. Is this normal behavior for LB?

Mine doesn’t rotate during framing

@steadicam I haven’t tried mine yet, so I’m clueless here…

I’d like to see how ezcad2 did it… I can’t imagine how it would work know how it worked on the gantry laser.

With the light framing it, it would have to shorten it as the tumbler rotated… just speculating.

Might be a good question to ask the support people.

I run Linux so no ezcad2 for me…

so first i am marking small plastic tubes 2" long 3/4’ in diameter with text on either side. Once you figure the circumference and the spacing and lay it out and put the piece in the chuck to mark, you hit the light button (frame in LB) and the chuck will turn the piece the proper distance and light the red lasers and frame the text where its supposed to mark. I will try to get a video of it and post

If they are doing it, it must be doable… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I did some 3/4" acrylic tube on my wheel rotary for an insulated hv resistor stack… Worked well, but it was a lot of work for little gain…

It’s the tube at the top, difficult to see but it says 600 mOhm in the center…

I’ll have to take some time this weekend and try mine out. I have a couple of coke cans to try it out on… :crazy_face:

I understand what you are asking… but I don’t know…

Maybe @JohnJohn has some clue on how it’s handled or something…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.