Galvo Rotary doesn't spin

I followed Laser Everything’s video to a T besides step rotation. I have it at 5000 because that’s what it came up as, and no specs on the stepper. When I click start it the progress bar goes 100% green and it goes 0:00 ready to 0:001 busy and back and forth over and over. It engraves in a straight line only. Like it can’t move somehow.

Heere are my settings… I am using a commarker B4 20 watt.

The steps/revolution are specified on the motor driver… Here’s a quickie on setup with a co2… there is no difference in setup…

My fiber from Cloud Ray was set incorrectly and when I queried them, they responded with 12,800 steps/rotation… works fine… Mine is still warranted, so I didn’t want to open the case… I’ve used my PiBurn roller on my fiber, so I know it’s working…

If you need help… sing out…

Good luck…

:smile_cat:

1 Like

I opened it up and saw it was set to 12,800. So I changed that in the rotary settings. When I hit test in the rotary menu the rotary does turn and return to starting point. So I know it’s connected to the software and responding.

It’s still doing the same thing. Rotary won’t spin, the laser is not moving up or down (it’s just burning the entire image into one line), and the green progress bar inside the laser settings is 0:00 ready and 0:01 busy back and forth.

Does anyone have an idea what i’m doing wrong? I am lost

Do you have the rotary enabled…? You can setup the rotary and not enable it…

It’s enabled in your screenshot… it should also be visible in the top right with a green dot showing it’s enabled…

If it works properly with the test button, then it should work…

Can you post your .lbrn2 file for us to examine…?

I figured it out. I was in the wrong Axis.

Thanks for letting us (and others) know…

About 12:01 in, the video explains to you how to determine which axes to select… glad you followed it to a T:wink:

All that really matters is you found the issue… so, don’t let it keep you up a night…

Great that it’s working… I’ll go ahead and mark your answer as the fix (solution)…

Thanks

Touché haha. As soon as I figured it out I had another issue (logo I engraved is warped).

It turns, but the engraving isn’t correct?

Since you fixed the name of this thread, you may want to start one specifically to the new issue…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.