GCode for Smoothstepper and Mach4Hobby

Will Lightburn generate Gcode that I can use with an ESS Smoothstepper and Mach4 Hobby ?

1 Like

I’m also curious about this, my new laser I’m building I’d love to use this setup like I do for my CNC routers.

Possibly, but it really depends on what Mach / Smoothstepper have in the way of laser control. Mach3 wasn’t capable of adjusting the spindle speed fast enough for laser use. I’m not sure about Mach4 / ESS.

Mach4 has good control of the laser power via its PWM commands. I really would like to see a sample gcode file from Lightburn that I can look at and then make a decision. A simple text file would be good maybe containing a couple of simple shapes. Can you help Rich ??

Download the trial of LightBurn, manually create a GRBL-M3 device with the size you need, origin in the front-left. Draw a couple simple shapes, then click ‘Save GCode’ in the Laser window and it will save gcode you can look at.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.