GCode Laser without Auto Homig

Hi,

I have DIY Laser with GBRL control. I have done the auto detect laser, and the laser is finded. After I have modified the work area dimension, because it was not correct (Y300 X400). I have select the auto homing. I have find the start position, that Is rear-left.
After the auto decect is finished the software say: the laser don’t have auto homing option, witch I have deselct the auto homing from the setting machine. Now for move the laser in the software zero position I write the code: G10 L2 P1 X0 Y-300 the software write “ok” after I pic enter but the laser don’t move. How can I move the laser in the software 0 position?

If your machine does not have limit switches, you must set parameters $21 and $22 to zero. LaserGRBL will make the button disappear with the box that allows you to control homing.

G0 Rapid Move
Format G0XxYyZz

X,Y,Z = axes on a three-axis machine
x, y, z = distance in incremental units, or absolute coordinates, to which the
axes specified by the preceding upper case letter is designated to move

Purpose Moves one or more of the axes, at the rapid speed, to a specified location or a specified distance away from the current position. Location is designated by absolute coordinates when this command is preceded by the Absolute

Coordinate command. Distance is specified by incremental units when this
command is preceded by the Incremental Coordinate command.

A rapid move consists of a move of the X and/or Y axis along the XY plane
and a move of the Z axis up or down. If the Z-axis move is Directed from a
lower point to a higher point, it will be executed before the XY move; if it is
directed from a higher point to a lower point, it will be executed after the XY
move.

Rapid speed is indicated in the .NC file by the Feed Speed command. F
commands are ignored by the interface program when Override Program Speed is selected. When this selection is made, the rapid speed specified in Set-Up will
be used instead.

Example G90

G0X2.00Y2.00Z2.00

The first command in this set indicates absolute motion, so the rapid move that
follows (line 2) is made to the absolute coordinates (2,2,2).The axes move to a
position that is two units away on each axis from the software home.

G1 Linear Cutting Move
Format G1XxYyZz

X,Y,Z = axes on a three-axis machine

x, y, z = distance in incremental units, or absolute coordinates, to which the
axes specified by the preceding upper case letter is designated to move

Purpose Moves one or more of the axes, at the cutting or feed speed, along a straight line to a specified position or a specified distance away from the current
position. Location is designated by absolute coordinates when this command is
preceded by the Absolute Coordinate command. Distance is specified by
incremental units when this command is preceded by the Incremental

Coordinate command.

Example G91

G1X-3.50Y-4.00Z1.00

M30

The first command in this set indicates that the cutting command in line 2 will
be performed in incremental motion. In line 3, the axes will move at the cutting
speed as follows: the X axis will move 3.5 units away in a negative direction
from its previous position, the Y axis will move 4 units away in a positive
direction from its previous position, and the Z axis will move 1 unit away in a
positive direction from its previous position.

Any help???

Thanks you kerrylaw. Tomorrow I try to do It.
This is codes ($21 and $22), must be write after the first connection of the machine?!

Yes. The problem is setting the position front-left from the rear-left…
I can move the laser with the arrow button, but not with the codes G L P xx yy. When I move the laser with the arrow from positioning rear - left to positioning front - left, the position display say: X=0 Y=-300 but I can’t set this is position as the X 0 Y 0 position (the Red Square remain in the rear-left position).

$21 and $22 are controller settings… if you enter $$ into the console, it should return with controller paramaters. check $21 and $22. Both should be 0. … if not, type “$21=0” return. Then type “$22=0” return. , Type $$ return to see that they have changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.