Get position isn’t working anymore

Hello,

I started reusing my laser after a few months and am running into a small issue that I haven’t seen posted anywhere. When I click ‘get position’ the indicator jumps up to my origin (top right). However if I use the arrow buttons within lightburn to jog the laser head, the on screen indicator moves to the correct place and stays there until/if I click ‘get position’ again. I haven’t used lightburn and my laser since mid summer and I was running an older version LB before I updated it today, but I know that I used to be able to click get position and see on LB where the laser head was even if I jogged the head using the buttons on my laser cutter itself. Is there a way I can fix this? Or was this an update that I am going to have to get used to? Thanks for any and all help you can provide.

It is a bug in the latest version 1.3 When you click the button the on screen cross hair vanishes. if you use the onscreen controls to step the head in any direction it will reappear.

When the “Get Position” button on the Move tab is selected the crosshairs vanish. Using the arrow buttons to step the head in any direction causes it to reappear. Toggling Show Position has no effect. This is on a Rudia controller, 80 watt laser.

For both of you, please share a few screen captures showing what you observe to help us “see” what you do. :slight_smile: Not fully following from the words alone.

I have reported and described this problem (in the beta group) a month ago.

Thanks @bernd.dk, I’ll search…

Edit: Found and shared with dev team.

This is fixed for the next update.

1 Like

To update, just saw this notification from our internal dev team comms channel. :slight_smile:

LightBurn: Fixed display of laser position

This “Get Position” issue has been addressed and scheduled for the next update. Thanks everyone, for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Any news on when the latest update will be to fix this?

1.3.01 is out now. Released today. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.