This file has been truncated. show original
[Return to main page](README.md)
# Rotary Attachment Setup
### This will walk you through setting up and using your rotary attachment
Click on the Tools menu, Rotary Setup link and it will open the rotary setup dialog box.
![Rotary Setup Window](/img/rotary.png)
1. If using a Ruida controller, disconnect the Y axis stepper connection and connect the rotary attachment to the Y axis. If using Smoothie or Grbl or C3D controllers, click the "A" axis selection.
2. Choose whether you have a chuck style or roller attachment.
3. Tick the enable rotary check box.
4. In the steps per revolution box, enter the number of steps it takes your attachment to make one full revolution.
5. Enter either the diameter of the object to be engraved or it's circumference, the other value will be automatically calculated.
6. Align your object under the laser head in a position where the X axis will start and rotate the object in the rotary attachment to the point where you want the Y axis to start engraving.
7. When using the rotary, it's generally a good idea to use "current position" as the "Start From" setting.
8. Click start and watch the magic happen.