Getting Out of Bounds Overlay Error

Hi all! New to the forums. I have a 40W Monport CO2 8X12 Laser with a CW-3000 Chiller for a little background info. 2 Days ago (and I have not found a solution racking my brain for 2 whole days, it’s getting very frustrating to me) I was making some slate coasters for an upcoming show. Went to do another coaster and framed it as per usual. Hit Play and I got an error stating that “Cut might be out of bounds due to overscan settings.”

I’ve since reset my computer multiple times, the machine multiple times. I cleaned the laser. I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightburn including reinstalling the drivers.

If anyone has anything else for me to try, I’m getting desperate as the show is in 2 weeks and I have a lot of work to get done before then.

Thank you in advance!!!

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded? Also another screenshot of the Cut Settings window for any Fill layer in that design.

I’ve tried making the image smaller, i’ve tried resetting the device including removing the GRBL manual connection and redoing it. My device has never been discoverable since i set it up with lightburn so i’ve had to do it manually every time.

I’ve played with a lot of settings trying to fix it and I feel like i’m getting further from the fix than closer.

You haven’t included a screenshot of the Cut Settings. You get this by double clicking on the layer in Cuts / Layers window.

However, based on what I can see I think what’s happening is that you have an extraordinarily high speed. Because of this, I assume that the overscan that’s enabled in the Cut setting is unusually long. This is likely so large that the overscan would need a wider frame to accommodate which is why you’re getting that message.

I’d suggest dramatically reducing speed. I’d suggest starting with something like 300 mm/s and then experimenting from there. This by itself will likely solve the issue. I’d also suggest reviewing the actual overscan amount in Cut settings.

By the way, you can see the amount of overscan in Preview if you have the “Show Traversal Moves” enabled.

I tried it with both speeds though high and low, as you can see in one of the screenshots I put 350mm/s.

What happens if you go even slower?

Can you take a screenshot of the error itself?

Also, can you upload the .lbrn file here for review? Will check to see if there’s something in the file itself that might be causing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.