Ghost in the system?

Hi all,

I am not sure what’s happening lately. If I draw a design from scratch and draw an imperfect circle with the circle tool, but I try to make it round by entering a size in the width or height boxes, it will automagically adjust up or down getting smaller and smaller or larger with random values until you hit the target size. I have it unlocked so it shouldn’t be adjusting like that and it’s annoying as heck, Tiny bug but a bug nonetheless.

Is this happening to anyone else? I close LightBurn and reopen and sometimes it persists and sometimes it doesn’t.

Just tried it on mine and it seemed to work ok.

LightBurn 0.9.24, built Wed 2021-04-21 @ 17:47

I’m not sure what you mean here, so I can’t say what I’ve done is actually duplicating what you did. If that makes sense.?

1 Like

I have the same build but it’s been doing this since the update and it’s annoying as heck. I think I saw another post about it but cannot seem to find it. It’s usually within 1mm, but it does it in increments.

I’ll see if I can explain it any clearer.

I restart PC, open LB. Try to draw a circle. I need it to be 96mm for the design both Height and Width.

I make sure the shape is “unlocked” and type in 96. I get values close to what I want but never what I want until the 8th or 15th try. I’ve tried locked items, unlocked, Select all etc, but it just does it randomly and random numbers. Sometimes a full mm off or just a fraction until slowly zeros in on 96 mm… until you move the cursor off it, then it reverts to .1 mm off. Then you type 96mm again and it stays at 96mm.

I think I need whiskey of this is going to keep doing this.

I took the exact steps and it worked as expected. I tried changing it while the circle tool was and wasn’t selected. I’m also on a Linux box, so if you’re using a Windows version I don’t know if I can help much :frowning:

1 Like

It’s annoying because it’s only occasionally! I was working on the same circle that gave me issues, went to screen record…and it works perfect. Of course, just like taking your car to the mechanic.

But it might be like this for a design or cut then try to adjust and BAM it will do it again. Just hoping maybe my PC needs an update.

But I appreciate the help nonetheless!

You can’t fix it if it ain’t broke. If it doesn’t break for the software people they can’t really do much. Very much like your mechanic.

You can try and see if you can find a pattern that eventually causes this operation.

Keep in mind that hardware breaks, and software has bugs. The bugs should be able to be reproduced with the right software path. When software is erratic it usually indicates a hardware failure.

A couple weeks ago, I clicked on a tab in the browser and the machine rebooted. When it came back up, I opened the browser and the machine rebooted again. On the third try I opened nautilus (file browser) and it crashed. Swapped out a memory module from another machine and now everything is fine. Except I have to buy another 8MB memory card :frowning:
Today’s memory is usually protected via lots of hardware checking things. It should have given me a memory error detection, but…

Good luck, keep an eye on the steps and see if it dawns on you what you are doing to cause it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will say that this has never happened to me personally, but when Willie Wonkie shows his face on my screen, it usually means I haven’t restarted my machine in a while…

1 Like

I get that reference. I am serious, sometimes I open a file and it wont show file name, it won’t accept changes etc. My laptop is 2 years old and while not top of line, it’s not pokey either. I am going to document it, not because I hate Lightburn, but it’s annoying the heck out of me.

My machines are a lot older. There is something going on. Maybe a good wipe and reload of windows or something else… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.