Going from rotary back to original flat settings

I recently started doing the whole rotary in lightburn and I am trying to go back and cut and engrave some wood and coasters but I cant get the laser to work like it should , it just goes to the home setting and that is all it does. I tried to uninstall and reset all setting and I am stuck and dont know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you

Welcome aboard Jesse…

Sorry to hear you’re having issues…

Before modifying anything, it’s always a good idea to backup anything you are going to change. The most likely candidate is that something in the controller of your laser was changed for the rotary to operate.

Do a backup…

Might go through the setup of your rotary and see what was set and un-set it. Go through the setup and figure out what you changed.

Some of these may be values you had to change for the rotary and I can’t help you with this machines setup, I don’t have one…

Good luck…

:smiley_cat:

see that is what I dont know what happened since I save the original setting as default and then changed everything to rotary settings and when I tried to upload the saved setting it doesnt do anything. I wonder if the actual machine could be set back to original settings. Thank you for the response

Did it say it failed to load them?

What kind of error did you get?

everything loaded up and no errors , but i did try both the SD card and it just goes to the home position and just stays there with a solid white light. So next I connected the laser to the computer and hit home position and when tried to frame that is when i get error in lightburn

this is the error i get when i try to frame

ALARM:2

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

Something in your code and/or configuration is causing the machine to trigger that you have exceeded the machines work area.

You have the origin set incorrectly in all likelihood.

Where does your machine home when you power it up…?

I’m not up on grbl as much as others, but I’d double check the Lightburn Grbl setup and Job Origin and Coordinates

Both will help you understand how the machine is working.

If you still have issue, post them and we’ll help you…

it goes to bottom left side corner.

this is what I got on console when restarted machine.

e[0;32mI (1279) serial: Line state changed! dtr:0, rst:0e[0m

ue:0.000000 spindle_pwm_max_value:1023.000000

Grbl 1.3a [‘$’ for help]

e[0;32mI (15432) serial: Line state changed! dtr:0, rst:0e[0m

e[0;32mI (16589) serial: Line state changed! dtr:0, rst:1e[0m

ok

ok

Homing

e[0;31mE (17074) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

e[0;31mE (17075) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

e[0;31mE (19898) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

e[0;31mE (19899) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

e[0;31mE (19900) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

e[0;31mE (19902) gpio: gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m

This doesn’t look right… I think maybe @berainlb might have some idea of what it’s doing…

This looks like a 32 bit machine that is lacking some software…

What exactly did you do to enable rotary?

Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying it homes correctly?

What are you attempting to do and what’s happening instead?

How did you do this?

How are you doing this?

Can you run these commands in Console one at a time and return output?

$H
$$
$#
?

did the command on console for help and this came back

[HLP:$$ $# $G $I $N $x=val $Nx=line $J=line $SLP $C $X $H $F ~ ! ? ctrl-x]

There’s something incomplete in the output. Can you run each command one at a time and make sure to scroll back and get all output from the first command forward?

Also, please try to address each question in the previous post. They all help to understand context of what’s going on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.