Got my camera working here's the paticulars

i have a red and black ebay 60w clone. 500x700.
got a 90 angle camera off lightburn and used the camera mount.lbrn file on this forum.
couldnt get it to calibrate untill i updated to version 9.02.
and figured out there was a protective film over the camera lens, tweaked the focus, and covered the black bed with white paper.
but now i can drop a pencil on the bed update the overlay, and burn my name on the pencil, fantastic!
i will have to do what russ suggests and change the bed to a piece of sheet metal, maybe mask and paint the inside white so the camera doent have too much whitting out, but thks to all the members here that helped.
dan

2 Likes

Glad you got things sorted. So let’s see one of these pencils :slight_smile:

1 Like

where did you mount the camera… can you post a photo… not sure where i should be mounting.

Tried this angle doesn’t seem to be high enough up…

Mounted to the air slots in the bend of the lid, i have the lid fully open when using the camera.

Great stuff Dan! I might add a camera to my laser in the future as everybody seems to say it’s a useful option. BTW. what font are you using to laser on the pencil? I turn wooden pens and would love to engrave on them. I am currently playing with CAMBAM stick fonts.

Cheers

David

It was the default ariel

Here’s a example
Threw down a piece of scrap cedar, burning amazing grace on it, wasnt square or anything

Ok, thanks Dan.

Cheers,

David