Got my laser today, blower is weird

The plug is 220v but the sticker of the blower says 110v.
Can I just get a simple adapter and plug it in to 110v?

Thanks,
AW

I just put a 110 plug on mine and that worked properly. You should be able to get a plug adaptor.

I had the same issue when I got mine - I just replaced the cord with one I had laying around and it worked fine. The problem is the noise! I have a variable speed thingy on order so I can dial it back a little. https://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html

Thank you both!

NEMA-configs
be sure you use a 20amp circuit, I run two fans (two lasers) both fans are on separate dedicated 20 amp circuits. They draw a lot on start up.

Thanks for the diagram! I just had an electrician install 2 dedicated 20 Amp lines so that will be perfect. I cant find the adapter though for the Nema 10-20 to 110v.

Can you guys show me links to the ones you found? I looked on amazon and harbor freight but no luck.

if your electrician used these:
Use this:
plug
if he installed this:
outlet
Use this:
plug 2

(this is how I set mine up)

I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN SO ALWAYS CHECK WITH A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN BEFORE DOING ANY WIRING

Thanks Carl, I see. Yes I need the first type.

Thanks everyone, I cut off the chinese plug off the blower and spliced in a 110 plug to the blower, and bought the variable voltage controller chris linked up above, works great!

That’s a NZ/Aus plug - but made the wrong way round.

The cord should exit on a diagonal to the side or below the centre earth pin, but that one exits above - they’re a plague out of China :frowning: Trying to tell suppliers not to send them is meaningless.

It may seem minor, but it means our cables are either pointing up the wall or blocking other plugs on a multi-board.

How could the designer have gotten it so wrong?

These fans are junk, noisy and have a tendency to overheat, i buy a 8 or 10” variable speed duct fan off amazon , lots of cfm for under $100. The pot growers have made them more popular and so cheaper.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.