Graphic Fill Issue (Still)

I’ve posted previously and I was unable to resolve the issue. I’m now having the issue across multiple designs.
I’m not new and understand about outlines affecting hatch and fill settings.
I have no idea why I keep having this issue however.
I need to get this resolved and I understand everyone is busy this time of year. I’m willing to pay if I can be taught to correct the issue.
The image works fine in EZCAD2 and engraves perfectly. The outline engraves perfectly using LB as well. The problem is that I need the graphic filled like it is shown in the picture on the left (EZCAD2).

There is no extra circle or lack there of.

I’m using Windows, Inkscape, EZCAD2, and of course LB.
Any pros out there that can assist?
Thanks, Chris

Can you share the file? If you don’t want it available for others, email to support@lightburnsoftware.com and include a link to this thread, and we can have a look.

Triple Nickel 2 SVG

Did that work?

I meant the LightBurn project file, but this will likely work. (give me a minute to look at it)

Edit > Select Open Shapes

The SVG file contains exactly 48 “close the shape” commands, but contains 496 individual shapes. If you ungroup everything then select all and then Edit > Close Path, it fixes it, with the exception of these two little line shapes here by the back leg:

We’ve been seeing a LOT more of this kind of thing lately - IE, other applications like InkScape, that are usually very explicit about closing shapes, not doing so.

LightBurn preserves the exact structure of the source file, so I don’t close them for you, but I’m very seriously considering making it do so, almost aggressively, because it seems like what people want / expect.

1 Like

Ok - I tried to ungroup and “break apart” but there is no Combine Path under Edit for me. I can “Combine” however that still does not fix the issue.

Sorry to be a bother and I greatly appreciate the help!

I didn’t say combine, I said Close Path.

Sorry incorrect term, but no, there is no Close Path either.

Still looking to get this resolved if anyone can help out. Like I said, I’m willing to pay to get this right. Thanks Oz for the assist.

Oz was referring to doing this in LightBurn, not Inkscape.

2 Likes

Thank you berainlb and Oz - that was the issue. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.