Grayscale Issues for Top Wisdom

Any update on the fix to the Grayscale option for Top Wisdom? I can’t seem to get it to work.

What fix are you referencing?

What does this mean, exactly? What are you trying to do? What have you done, and what was the result? Please try to be as thorough and detailed as you can in your descriptions and questions. Please keep in mind that we are trying to visualize the issue you are having so paint us a good picture, you will get much faster and more accurate responses from the community.

when i try to laser a photo using Grayscale it just burns a square the size of the image, if this makes sense?

If you have a CO2 laser, grayscale is going to be utterly useless for photographic images anyway - it produces variable depth, not variable shading. It’s a cool effect, but it’s rarely what people actually intend. With a 40w or lower it’s possible to use if defocused, but it’s tricky and painful to dial in, and dithering is by far the easier option.

Grayscale is actually being emitted in the version I have, but I’m not positive it will have been in the public release. Make sure you are setting Min Power to a low number (close to the firing threshold of your tube) and Max power higher than that, so it has some range to work with.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.