GRBL controller for Lightburn

Hello guys, I am starksmith. New joined member.

I am living in USA and have small shop there. I need your help in getting a review on a product. .

I am looking for a GRBL controller that work easily with Lightburn .

After some searching i got recommendation of 3 Axis 1.1f Laser Control Board USB GRBL Controller from this article

After reading i found it quiet good as it has ability to control laser and spindle at the same time, it also supports offline control. And laser configuration is 12V that makes it perfect to work with.

So, i think it will be good but want to know previous customers reviews. Therefore if you used it previous then it will be helpful to know your thoughts on it whether it works easily with Lightburn or not.

Any other recommendations are also useful.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a diode laser, or CO2? If you have a diode, this board is low on processing horsepower, but otherwise fine. If you intend to do cutting and simple vector engraving, it’s probably just fine. If you have a CO2 system or you want to engrave images, the performance will be an issue - you should look into 32 bit boards, like the Cohesion 3D LaserBoard or Mini Gerbil from Awesome Tech.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy for your valuable review

I have this for my diode and it works fine for me. But I rarely do images. Works fine for engraving lines and filling.I’m not sure what you mean by controlling a spindle and laser at the same time. It won’t do that. Just one or the other. Also, I’m not sure it supports offline control.

Correction. My shield is the one in your picture. That is shield #3 in the article. But I see you were referring to a different shield. I had to click on the article to see the one you were referring to. Sorry for confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.