Grbl Homing problems

I’m fairly new to lightburn, but I was experiencing a very similar issue. However, my issue only began after updating my lightburn software from 1.3 to 1.4. I have since removed version 1.4 and reloaded 1.3. Since doing this, my issues have stopped. Just FYI.

1 Like

Homing is not handled by LightBurn at all so it’s more likely a coincidence that the issue was caused by the upgrade or resolved by the downgrade.

Or it’s possible it was a similar but different homing issue.

You may want to try re-upgrading to see if the problem persists. Would be a shame to miss out on the new features and fixes in 1.4.

This is a photo of the solution that Jack suggested to trick the board into thinking there’s a Z axis in case anyone else needs to do this. Thanks again to all.

1 Like

I think that was from @ednisley :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Glad you’re up and running…

:smile_cat:

I love it. The necessary evil of over-engineered jank. I’m currently fighting with a large laser at my local makerspace that homes in the dumbest way possible and this thread has inspired me. Thank you, everyone.

Words to live by:

When brute force isn’t working for you, you’re not using enough of it.

:grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.