GRBL Plasma cutter programing help

Thanks for the info. I will try getting rid of all of the z movements as suggested and I will switch to absolute mode rather than relative. My only remaining question is why when I jog the x or y does it jog but then hang up and never complete the action from a software side which in turn won’t let me send any other commands?

Also thank you for all of the help. I’m a engineer by day but I do manufacturing…the software side of things is basically magic, so I really appreciate all the help.

have you read and applied this info-

very important stuff, especially when operating in absolute mode. In current position mode, you can “cheat the system”, jogging works most of the time without a complete and thorough LB / grbl synchronous configuration. Not recommended to cheat the system, purposely or unknowingly.

I will thoroughly read the link you provided tonight. Will I find the answer as to why the jog is behaving weird as far as only working once?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.