Having a nightmare with homing and limit switches

i have lost jogging controls also now

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

On or near line 2:

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

ok

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

<Idle|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:15,127|FS:0,0|WCO:0.000,0.000,0.000>

ok

Starting stream

ALARM:2

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

On or near line 2:

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

ok

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]

[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

ok

just keeps telling me to reset not sure how to put it back to the older settings?

have you tried going to the console window and typing
$X
then enter?

i mate yes i have done this but when i used the jog controls it flicks back to console and says again

ok so i homed it and jogging worked but wont go near the switches it then shows the error i have done a square box and tried to have it run around the parameter of my work area but its quite far out i will upload a video see if this helps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1FunU1Ccz98pj2atuboQEnzeJaX_Ru8/view?usp=sharing
on anouther not i have some limit switches here i will change these see if it helps

The link says I don’t have permission to access the Drive file.

A few things:

This is just warning you that you’re going beyond the limits of your machine based on what the machine knows.
Change Start From coordinate to Absolute Coords. This relies on proper homing but will be the most intuitive once you get things sorted.

Go ahead and switch your origin to bottom left position in Device Settings. This should correct jogging controls and your burns should not be upside-down.

Can you explain what this means? Do you mean that you pushed the home button but that it won’t go near the switches? Or you’ve completed the homing but then you can’t jog the machine towards the switches after that?

hi mate i turned pc on just and it said lightburn has a update i really hope i haven’t

been using a older version? this was the old one ?

No need to worry. 1.1.00 was just released yesterday.

ahh ok i think it may of fixed some of my issues its now framing near enough the full length of my board now just done a square around the perimeter i put the settings back to before and absolute coordinates seem to be working

sorry edit that absolute cords still dont work

should i put them grbl settings back in now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EM07uAhm4h5zUPfAntzlDMBTMJGkyQeS/view?usp=sharing

Had you made any changes? If not, go ahead and makes the changes that I indicated and report findings.

Which settings? And what do you mean by back in? Had you reversed something?

FYI, still can’t view the video.

Hi mate yeah I got worried that the grbl settings that changed the work area stopped it working so put them back to the original settings I’m not sure what The settings did but it was as if there was a invisible limit switch that when it went to a certain place it would cut off I can put them back in If you want

Sorry I just went into panic mode lol :joy:

No worries. So where does that leave you now? What have you done and what’s the current behavior? Any effect from the new switches?

hi mate im so sorry with late reply i have had covid and my wife has been trying to figure it out while i have been ill she made a few posts on here but still have this issue

so as we are home position still goes back left
if i set origin in the center of my work area then jog to new location then press go to origin it shoots off to the right and hits the limit switch again
it still gets lost it has no clue were it is at ant time

No need to apologize for not dyeing. Glad you’re feeling better.

Does the homing process now work? Does it go back-left, engage the limit switches, back-off, engage-again, and come to a rest?

Check position after homing, what does it read?

I suggest you not use Origin at this point until things are sorted. Let’s focus on Absolute Coords and no User origin.

Can you run these commands in Console after homing? Want to get a current view of these:

$$
$#
?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.