Having an SVG burn line by line on a rotary tool

I had a question about rotary usage in Lightburn. I have an SVG that I would like to burn (a vector) but it is a circle with a lot of going back and forth. On the rotary, this causes the circle to look more like an oval. Is there a way to have a vector be engraved line by line just like an image? I have found that images and “fill” letters look better on tumblers because the rotary rotates more slowly with less back and forth.

Don’t have a rotary on my led, but I do on the co2.

Most of us have found the objects on rotaries have a tendency to ‘slip’

You can select the object then ‘Edit → convert to bitmap’. Might not get the results you expect, but give it a try and look at the results in ‘preview’. Don’t forget you can zoom in

It might make a better engraving is you make the line thicker by using the offset’ tool and make a line around the existing. When you do a ‘convert to bitmap’ it has options on how it’s fill or followed.

:smile_cat:

You can’t fill a line, but if you use the offset tool to create a line on either side of it, you could fill that, and that would run easily as an engraving on the rotary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.