Head mount camera: wizard procedure and tests

Hi Everyone,

This week-end I have designed and 3D printed parts to install a camera on my laser head and I did a lot of tests…
Now, I would like to share with those who are interested my findings while using the calibration process for a head mounted camera. I finally understood how the wizard is working and I can use it now in a consistent way (after reading some posts and many trial/error loops).
This feature is still experimental and I reported in a document the procedure I am following in a very detailed way and some findings for LB team…
But unfortunately, we cannot attached a pdf file in a post. Is there any alternative solution for this ? My document is a combination between an user manual with many screenshots and a bug report… I will be difficult to slice it… I have 33 pages !!

My conclusion is that:

• once you understood how to use it, you can create an picture of your work area
  • My cuts are not aligned with the overlay, there is a bit of misalignment. Not that much…
  • The “Update overlay” button is a real pain and needs a confirmation window before starting the stitching process
    Head mount camera cut misalignment
    The picture attached is showing the overlay and the cut drawings (a line and a polygon shape) with the misalignment

On a side note: I built a set-up to use the head mount camera with a crosshair reticle. I will open another topic to discuss about this…

2 Likes

Add a “.txt” extension to the end of the file and the forum will then accept the file.

Hi All,

Please find attached the detailed procedure I am following for the head mounted camera calibration wizard with some comments and bug reports. Hope you will find it useful…
THIS IS A PDF FILE. CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION FROM TXT TO PDF !!!
Head mounted camera feedback 22_01_2024 .txt (2,7 Mo)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.