Head mounted camera randomly rotate pictures

Hello,
I wanted to switch to top camera to head mounted but i run into some issues.
Here you can see the setup went well.

But when i ask for a scan, it scan from right to left but place photos left to right.
Also photos seam randomly rotate.

Any idea about what’s going wrong ?

I don’t have a head mounted camera but these type of issues are typically because LightBurn does not have the right information about the orientation of the camera. It derives this from the alignment process.

When you went through alignment, did you follow the instructions exactly and in the order provided? If the head-mounted alignment process is anything like the standard camera process LightBurn will use the information gathered there to determine the orientation of the camera but order of steps and proper placement matter in that case.

I did, first video is the result of alignment calibration process, and it’s working fine.
I had also no issues with top camera but the process is different for head mounted when taking photo for the overlay.

Issue appear only when scanning

If that’s the case then the only thing I can think of is to rotate the camera 180 degrees along the Z-axis in terms of how it’s mounted.

camera is the right orientation in alignment process and preview. when it scans, pictures can be right orientation, or 90, or 180.

Can you further explain this? Not following.

I’ve had an additional thought.

Does your machine otherwise work as expected? Jogging controls in Move window work as expected? Left moves left, right moves right, up moves up , and down moves down?

Do jobs burn in the correct orientation? To what corner of the machine does your machine home?

If you zoom on the picture i upload on original post and look at the alignement patern (you can compare it to the second video to have physical view) you will see that patern is rotate on overlay, the center of it is 90° for exemple.

Machine home rear right, move as excepted, and lightroom is always set in absolute coords.

My machine works flawless since a year now, any job output as excepted with both lasers.
It was also fine with top mounted camera but it needed 170°c lens to cover the bed so it could be inaccurate. Reason why i want to switch to head mounted.

I didn’t understand this before. So you’re saying that each individual capture could be rotated in the overlay? I initially understood this to be a situation where head was moving in one direction while capture was updated in the other direction.

So sounds like just not working at all.

Let’s ask @JohnJohn for insight. I think he may have been experimenting with this.

1 Like

Lightburn also capture in opposites direction along X axis that the head is moving, theres two problemes.

You can see in second video first row of capture is going left to right, but the head goes right to left.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.