Help connecting Bridge

Perhaps try power cycling your wifi router. I’ve seen routers work fine on existing connections but start acting up with new connections.

What subnet is your wifi network on? Can you confirm encryption type for your wifi network? Is this WPA2?

Can you take full screenshots of each page as you’re working through the setup? Obscure out anything that might be sensitive.

mask is 255.255.255.0
WPA-2

I will have to try all this tonight and take photos. (gotta go to work)

This is where having a monitor connected is going to really help. You’ll be able to see, in real time, the wifi connection status. So if there’s any chance.
You don’t even need it connected to your laser when doing the WiFi part… hook it up to your TV. Surely that has an HDMI input. No keyboard or anything needed, just the display.

Excellent point. Use what you have available…

…but don’t call me Shirley…

:smiley_cat:

ahhhhh… OK. I thought it had to be connected to the laser. I will do that tonight.

1 Like

I can’t see how to insert a picture. I believe this is doing what it should. I plugged it into my TV monitor and a whole bunch of text scrolled by and at the very end it says
network Wi-Fi config AP running lightBurn bridge 695C
control relay Ruida relay started laser IP: 10.0.3.3 relay info: Ruito 1.0 and
raspberry pie no issues found @adammhaile @jkwilborn

You can drag and drop images to the edit window while posting. Alternatively, you can push the button that looks like this:

1 Like

Can you go through the configuration steps and take screenshots at each step? Might be some clue there.

Side question, have you ever connected to the Ruida via ethernet in the past?

Ok. I will. And no, I have not set up with Ethernet before. I’ve been using the USB. Do I need to make a change in the settings?

If you’ve setup the IP address on the Ruida that should cover it. I was more curious if you had something else setup that might be interfering.

When you get a chance can you take a photo of the Ruida IP Config page?

I’m not sure where/how to find the Ruida IP Config page do you mean on the laser panel?

Yes. On the Ruida panel.

You’re not connected to wifi - it says “WiFi Config AP running”
That means it’s waiting for you to connect to it and tell it what Wifi network to connect to.
Grab a phone or laptop and connect to the wifi access point named “LightBurn Bridge 695C”
Then browse to http://192.168.42.1 (if it doesn’t take you there automatically) and follow the steps to connect it to your home wifi.
Do this while it’s still connect to your TV - you should see the “Network” label turn green and the status change to say it’s connected and show the IP address. Write that down when you see it.

This ? Or something more?

I’ve done this a million times. but it does not connect. I don’t have a monitor in my shop and my TVs are too large to bring up here.

In the screen you are looking at that was on my TV… I was NOT connected. I brought my Raspberry Pi down in to my house just to make sure it has the LightBurn bridge software and not the Raspberry pi software. Now I’m back up in my shop where there is no TV screen but I am reconnected to the ethernet port the laser.

screenshots of me trying to follow the instructions on your page.:

and this is where it just sits.

sorry- I think I understand what you want… going back in the house to connect to TV and to wifi- stay tuned. and thank you!

Is it possible that the Pi is too far away from the router to get a good wifi connection? It won’t attempt to connect to your network until after you have provided the credentials. But for some reason it doesn’t seem to be ever connecting.