Help finding Interval Test

I’m using Lightburn Galvo with a 100 Watt Jpt Mopa Fiber Laser. My computer is running Windows 11. I want to do an interval test but cannot find it listed under laser tools. What am I missing?

Hello Robin

What version of LightBurn are you running?
Unable to fully see it on your screenshot as is cropped

I have never noticed before, but it appears that the Interval Test is not available to Galvo’s. There is probably a logical reason as to why.

IMHO, galvo does not shuttle back and forth like a CO2 gantry and diode lasers do. No need to calibrate +X and -X acceleration.

It’s the latest version not sure what the version number is off hamd

I’m new to all this so when the lightburn software YouTube video said it was relevant to all laser types, even though they where demonstrating on a CO2 gantry laser, I just took it at face value as something I should do to get better output. Guess I’m reading too much into things. What I was originally trying to determine was how to find the best dpi for an image on slate. Guess the interval test isn’t it.

For a galvo, use the materials test, the interval can be varied just like the other variables…

This is a dog tag off my fiber… I’m varying the interval …

Galvos are fast, however, you are still dealing with mass and velocity and they are usually set to a conservative value - meaning it’s unlikely that most people will change these.

I changed mine because the data sheet, what little bit there was, indicated my values to be too high. It did effect job time… it was closer to the estimated value by Lightburn.

There is timing between the axes that may need adjusting. If you’re interested, check out this video for a better explanation.

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

I am wrong quite often, but I’m used to it. I’ve been married long enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for setting me up for success.

1 Like

You’re fine, no need to perspire over it.

We value your input … we don’t learn this stuff by osmosis…

1 Like

Isn’t that the same for all the other device types ? If so, just curious as to why there is a separate ‘Interval Test’

If you run them, the materials test only produces limited labels and a different format. The are numerous subtle differences between them… I’d also guess the Interval test was here first…

It’s not in the menu for the fiber… it is for my grbl and Ruida…

I use material test as I don’t remember many of the settings that are missing off the interval test.

Same as me Jack, I use the material test, never perhaps needed the Interval test. Can you think of a reason that it is not in the menu for fiber.

IMHO, I think they are phasing it out… but I don’t know what they’re doing or how the internals work with Lightburn…

Most of us are treated as mushrooms… keep us in the dark and feed us cr… :crazy_face:

Although the communications here are so superior to other software packages I’ve used… there really is no comparison.

If one of the technical people read this, the will probably chime it… but I’m pretty clueless.

The interval test does work and has a preview… Run it and view the difference… Don’t need to adjust values, just preview it… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @jkwilborn as I said I’m brand new to this and just trying to make sure all my settings are optimum to do things. I’ll take a look at other options under the material test!

@JimNM I’m married too, second time, so I know all about being wrong as well!

1 Like