Help installing new fiber

Trying to install new fiber to my LightBurn. Installed the ezcad drivers via the LightBurn installation. Laser shows as unknown device in device manager.
Went into LightBurn folder and installed ezcad drivers that way. Still no luck. Removed the device and plugged it back in and still showing as unknown.
Looked in system32/drivers folder and didn’t see the driver it says it installed. Obviously LightBurn is not seeing my laser so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use the drivers for Lightburn, the EZCad2 driver don’t work with Lightburn…

The video shows how to swap them.

:smile_cat:

I installed the drivers via the LightBurn installer that says “install ezcad2 driver (used by Galvos)”. That is what is says in the documentation you linked as well. The install for that driver is also located in the LightBurn folder so I also tried it that way.

Yea, it’s not very clear about which driver is which … did you look in the device manager to see what was there?

To be absolutely honest, I don’t run Windows and it isn’t a problem with Linux…

It’s basically acting like it’s not installing the driver at all. I have not installed ezcad at all. It’s showing as unknown device and updating drivers has no effect. Says no comparable drivers.

Maybe @JohnJohn can figure out what’s going on with your system and drivers…

Not being a windows person, my experience here is limited.

Do appreciate the suggestions