Help! it's all backwards and upside down

Hi, I am a newcomer to this forum and laser engravers in general. I bought an Atomstack A5 40 Watt Diode laser, and bought the Lightburn software that I was very pleased with. Everything was working good until I added the R3 Roller to engrave cylindrical objects. Before I hooked up the roller, if I placed the photo or text on the bottom right of the work area, that’s where the laser would go to. After hooking up the roller the first try printed the text backwards. I searched the forum and changed the origin setting and got it to print the text forwards and everything was good until I removed the R3. Now everything is backwards and upside down. I have tried changing the origin and the only way to fix it is if it is upside down and backwards on the work area. what am I doing wrong? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I am out of ideas and can’t find anything on the forum that solves the problem.

1 Like

Origin

This is the origin corner or 0,0 location for your laser. If you have a GCode based system, this is almost always at the front left, regardless of the location of your limit switches.

If you have a DSP laser, like Ruida or Trocen, the origin is usually where the limit switches are placed, and will will be the corner the laser seeks when powered up.

If your laser output is mirrored horizontally or vertically, move the dot to the opposite corner, horizontally or vertically, depending on the direction that the output is mirrored, and that will correct it. - https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/DeviceSettings.html

1 Like

Thanks Rick,
That has solved most of the issues, however it now thinks home is at the top right instead of the front left which I can live with. At least it’s not printing backwards and upside down anymore.
Much appreciated for the advice, my 60+year old brain is slowly getting it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.