Help! My com5 port is gone!

I have been using Lightburn as my software to run my Comgro z1 pro 20w for about 6 weeks now. It’s used daily. I use it mainly to cut wood and make small signs. I used it today. Ran fine like always then poof my com5 port vanished without warning. I uninstalled lightburn and the ch340 driver reinstalled, unplugged replugged machine and laptop, changed ports…nothing I have done has helped. I looked in device manager and the only port showing is com3. This port is Bluetooth not usb like I use to run lightburn and my laser. What can I do???

Tanya, assuming your laptop only has 2 USB ports it sounds like one might be dead. You might try downloading the USB Port tester utility from freeusbanalyzer.com, I used this program when my USB port was acting up, as those ports do fail from time to time. To see if it is your LT or laser do you have another PC/Laptop you can try? That would narrow it down to being a laptop issue.

Yes I do have another laptop. I will try that. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.