Help needed with camera calibration - LightBurn continually crashing

Hi all,

I’m having issues with trying to get a camera calibrated in LB. I get to the screen attached, and as soon as I click the camera, the program crashes. No error messages, just shuts down completely back to the desktop! I couldn’t see anyone else having this issue as the other issues seemed to crash after the next step and displayed error messages.

Any ideas what is going on and how I can address it?

Thanks

LightBurn should not crash. LightBurn should not crash without providing some indication something has gone awry.

Share a bit more, I see you are running Windows, what version and number of the release? What is this “V380 UVC Camera”, what can you share about it?

I am sure @LightBurn will have additional questions / feedback.

Thanks Rick, I’m running Windows 10 Home x64, with what I assume is the latest updates.

It’s really weird, I hardly ever have seen a program shut down without giving some sort of error message when it does.

The camera is just my generic web cam. A new jointer, thicknesser and bandsaw have taken priority over anything else laser related (according to the finance minister) so wasn’t looking to purchase a dedicated laser camera at this stage.

Plot twist…

If I deny access to the camera in security settings, I can click on it in LightBurn and nothing happens. As son as I allow access again, click on it and boom LightBurn goes away again :rage:

Any further ideas?!?

Go to Edit > Settings and change the “Capture System” from “custom” to “default”. Does that still crash?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.