HELP! Out of nowhere LB won't connect. USB Error

I could really use some help, please! I have an Omtech 60w MOPA. Everything was fine until I walked away for a break. I came back to do some more work and it suddenly showed as disconnected in lightburn. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, changing the USB cable, trying an older version, and I tried it on my other laptop and I got the same error that windows is not recognizing the USB device I just plugged in. I’ve pretty much tried everything. Any ideas. I’m praying the USB board did not just go out.

Here’s the error usb — Postimages

I don’t do Windows but if you are sure there wasn’t an OS update which caused this(you’ll have to check logs to see when the last update occurred) and you know that the USB port is still functional then a last resort might be trying a USB hub between your fiber laser and the computer.

If that still fails to work then it’s likely time to call the Omtech support line since for that kind of money, there should be some level of support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.