Help please! new machine with some problems

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if Im going about this the wrong way, Im new to your forum.

I have acquired a Chinese machine with a reci75w laser with a Ruida 6442 controller. Im getting some poor results with a very simple part. The machine seems to scan/engrave fairly well it cuts squares out well too but the issues begin when trying to cut circles.

There are a few things that are wrong;

1. The laser seems to turn off then on at the quadrants as im getting burn marks. Visibly you can see something happening, it almost stops.
  2. If im cutting a single line circle its wavy?
  3. When through cutting, in wood at least, the edge cut is jagged

Would this be the result of a mechanical issue or is this a parameter/software issue?

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated

Pics and vids can be viewed here:

Cheers

Ryan

First I would clean all mirrors and the lens. Make sure they are tightened correctly and not moving around. Next it looks like you are lacking air assist for cutting.
Can you post a screenshot of your cut/layer settings?

Hi David, thanks for the response.

Ill be sure to get them checked out tomorrow evening when i have some time but in the meantime here are the settings for inner wavy circle

Well, nothing out of the ordinary there. Seems this may be a mechanical issue. Seems this cut is the fastest in your project @ 50mms which is not particularly fast. Try also dropping the speed and power just to see if it’s speed affecting the line. If it’s better I would have to guess at a lose lens.

On the air assist suggestion, it is selected and it is turning on. The flow isn’t particularly great though.

I have a HPC at work that performs great, Ill check that tomorrow for a comparison

The parameters in the scan are 250mm speed, but the results there are pretty good. Would that be possible if the lens is loose?

I will be checking alignment and lens/mirrors tomorrow so ill let you know how i get on, thanks for taking the time to look

Hi Ryan
It could still possibly be a lose lens, when engraving other than tiny movements of the Y-axis the main movement is back an forth along the x-axis. Cutting your circle requires both axis to be moving more quickly and in back forth, up down directions which could unsettle the lens more if not tight enough.
On the air assist when I upgraded to a compressor and not the little diaphram air pums the qualit of my cut was on another planet. I rarely have any cleaning up to do after a cut and the edges are very clean as well.
Out of interest many years ago I had purchased lasers from Chris at HPC. Back then the were made by Rabbit Laser in China and had Leetro controllers running Lasercut 5.2.

By the way, I also have a chinese laser with a 75W SPT tube and 6442 controller. Very similar. If you send or post your file I will try it on my machine tomorrow evening and see how it comes out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.