Help. Updated to v1.4.01 Now Cut Fails

I need some help.

I updated to the newest version of lightburn v1.4.01 ( I use a Sculpfun s30 10W) and now plywood that used to cut at Pwr100 Spd300 in 1 pass, now takes 3 to 5 passes at the same speed and power tocut through… meaning any detailed amazing designs just start burning the wood… somthing in the update has caused this.

This happened once before on a previous update, however i fixed that by un-installing, delleting all the pc files related to lightburn backups and then reinstalling the new update. Last time this fixed this issue… however this time, wiping everything and re-installing the update did not fix this issue.

I’ve attached an image of the same lazer test I used in the past, and as you can see, engraving works fine, however the depths of it are not as deep, contrastes or as dark as previously… The cut is failing miserably. It cuts like an engraving instead. The poblem must have something to do with the depth…

Any idea on how I can fix this?
Thank you :heart: Michelle

The laser power should not change between versions. The only thing I could imagine is that some settings have been corrupted during the update and restored to default settings. Please show your machine settings, the device settings and the layer settings for your projects.
I suggest removing the laser profile and adding it new. Or remove LightBurn completely and install it again.

Hi Misker

If it was setting corruption, it happened to both devices when i updated them… so I think the update was the problem…

Here are the device settings machine settings and lightburn settings from both devices… they both have the same issue since the update. (I wrote which device the settings are from on the images, 2 images per device)

I have already removed and re-added the lazer profiles and that did not fix this.
I have also uninstalled and removed all previous lightburn files before re installing the newest upate. I completely removed lightburn and installed it again twice as well as trying this with the previous version, but none of these things worked.

Let me know if you have any ideas to try, thank you for helping :heart::heart::heart:
Michelle

Ok, you did most of the things to exclude LightBurn :slight_smile:
You can reset the firmware to default values, by sending $RST=* in the console window. Then the laser itself should be at factory defaults.
Another thing: did you clean the lens regularly? And the air assist nozzle as well?

I have a similar issue, my anti-virus is picking up the Lightburn as no valid digital signature and is restricting it’s connection to internet. Anyone else had a similar issue? Maybe that is causing problems as well?

I tried resetting the firmware with the code $RST=* and it still didnt fix the problem…

My lense is so clean and perfect its not the problem, the air nozzle works perfectly as well and doesnt need cleaning, it was working just fine before that update… I even uninstalled and tried re installing the newest 1.4.03 update… but still the same issue…

It’s not my hardware as I used Lazer GRBL another software program cut a sqaure and it cut normally. But cutting the same square on lightburn had this strange not cutting through issue. I dont understand why :sob:

Any other ideas to try?

PK1. Thanks for the clue, but I dont think my antivirus or internet connection is the problem. Tried offline, disabled my antivirus and no change. Thanks for trying :heart:

Me neither, anymore :slight_smile: If LaserGRBL is working, then it’s a LightBurn issue. But since you did all re-installation steps etc., I don’t think it’s a temporarily LightBurn bug. Maybe you found some systematic problem. I hear many reports of problems with the latest update, maybe there is a problem within that version.

Hi All. Did you guys and girls find a fix for this, having the very same issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.