Help with a burn test

Howdy all! I got my Ortur LM3 about a month ago. I set it up and ran an engraving test with the material test function, it went very smoothly. For a variety of reasons, I wasn’t able to use the machine for several weeks. Today I tried to run a cut test, but I had nothing but problems. First, LightBurn would no longer connect to my machine, so I deleted it and set it up again. Then, the material test had several issues. First, when I preview the test (using the default settings for a line cut), I see the following image:

From the YouTube videos I’ve watched, this is not normal. Even when I deselect “Show transversal moves,” I see the same thing. Second, why is it going to take 24 minutes to run the test?

Then, when I tried to run the test, the laser unit zips full speed from left to right, then the test shuts down. I don’t know if something is malfunctioning, or if there is a simple software error on my behalf. Since I’m new to this, I don’t know how to search for a solution. Thanks for your help!

Your settings for the Text layer is likely way too fast. Check that you’re not set to mm/s and entering values based on mm/min.

Yes, that was the problem! It was set to 600000 mm/min!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.