Help with a file

Hi all, I can’t seem to get the result I’m looking for from the attached file.
Rhodon_and_Iris.lbrn2 (345.4 KB)
I’m putting it on a square coaster and I’d like to whole coaster to be engraved except for the image in the center. I’ve tried inverting and not inverting it in preview and it always just engraves the image.
Basically I want the reverse of this:

This is the effect I’m looking for:

Rhodon_and_Iris-retur.lbrn2 (344.6 KB)

the blue square must be on the same layer as the flower

Ok that makes sense. I imported the inner image as an svg then added the border thinking that I needed something to define the space between the outside and the image.

It is completely correct, it just has to be on the same layer, to achieve the desired effect and as a fill.

Please excuse my ignorance, is there a way in Lightburn to put the border and the inside image on the same layer or is that an svg editor task?
Edit: I figured it out! Score one for search in the forum!

Glad you figured it out. There is a fantastically well-made LightBurn manual, you will find it under help in the program and there are many good videos, partly made by the LightBurn people themselves, which briefly and concisely explain the LightBurn functions, I can warmly recommend them.
But of course you can also use the forum and ask, that’s why we have it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.