Help with homing switches

It acted like before, it would go to 220,0 and then try to go to beyond the y axis. Once I changed the soft limits setting back it goes to 220,290, hits the switches, and throws the error code. But if clicking go to origin takes it back to 0,0 and will let me use it exactly how the screen shows in lightburn it’s an error I can live with.

My current power supply is a 12v. So I could find a 12v laser module from Amazon like the one below that will work with 12v, adapt it to fit then it should work fine without any adjustment to the GRBL code?
https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Engraving-Cutting-Protection-Engraver/dp/B09KWX65XY/ref=sr_1_13?crid=3IBL20Q39F9BL&keywords=laser%2Bmodule&qid=1643727327&sprefix=laser%2Bmodule%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-13&th=1

There are no changes you would need to make to GRBL. The specific laser module you linked should work but I have never heard of this brand. It also has a slightly unusual connector pitch so you’d just have to make sure you have a means of connecting it. I had assumed that all of these were fairly standard at PH2.0 but I guess not.

Is there a better option you recommend? If not then I will get that one and see what happens.

I did see an ortur option for $60.

I don’t have a particular recommendation but these days I’m more focused on service quality in addition to product quality. I’ve found that these machines will run-down and get tired and you want a vendor that will stand by their product and make it easy to repair when things go bad.

Ortur and NEJE seem to have some of the better after-sales support.

If you’re looking for pure cutting power the current list of obvious selections:

1. Ortur LU2-4 - this is their strongest 12V solution. Roughly 5.5W output. There’s a set of similar 24V modules but you’d need to sort out a separate power supply for those. As-is, this module still expects around 3A.
  2. NEJE A40640 - this is a dual diode module. They claim 15W output. I’d assume closer to 12W. It’s a 12V solution and I think normally come with an interface board to make it easy to connect to various systems.
  3. Atomstack M50 - this is also a dual diode system. 12V. Claim 10W output.

There are plenty of folks on this forum that have used all of these.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.