Help with laser cutting quaility

My laser just started having issues it will not cut straight or engrave. All the edges are jagged im sure its mechanical but i have checked all the belts where do i start any ideas. Thanks in advance

It may and probably doesn’t have any affect on what you are experiencing but you need to clean your machine, regularly as in every day. Do you have an exhaust system for the smoke? Do you grease the surfaces the laser head rides on? What kind of maintenance schedule do you have?
Many things to consider when owning a laser.

1 Like

Honestly i have not cleaned it in about 6 months i dont use it as often as i should. I need to oil the tracks and the laser head track. What kind of oil do you recommend i have a exhaust system the laser does have some dust on it but mirrors and lens are clean everything seems to move smooth

Check the beam shape coming out of the laser tube: if it is not a nice round disk, that’s an indication the tube has failed. Unfortunately, tube are consumable and go bad over time, even without regular use, and can cause uniformly awful performance.

The discussion in this thread may be informative:

Its a new tube but found the problem the lens was not real tight so the air assist was causing it to move works good now thanks to everyone for the tips and help.

1 Like

I use white silicon grease no oil.

1 Like