Help with text to wood

I am new to this lightburn, and any other software for that matter. I am learning very slowly. Anyhow, I was able to create a small little project and not have a problem with it. But now, I am trying to create some text, and do it on a piece of wood for a liitle company name sign. and im lost, I cant figure out why no matter what I try, the text on the wood will no go to the height of the wood that I want it to. something seems messed up, or its me.lol.

If you can translate this sentence for us, or show an image of what you mean, that would help. I don’t understand what you’re getting at here.

im using a 6in by 3.5in piece of wood, and when creating the design I set the design peramters to 5.5 by 3, because I was the text to fill a majority of the wood piece. but it only engraves with the height to 2 in

mistake.lbrn (39.6 KB)

but I changes my size here to 3.5 by 3.5 and it still wont engrave to that area

Do you have rotary mode enabled? The CanCam machine uses a Ruida controller if I remember right. Go to Tools > Rotary Setup, and make sure the rotary is not enabled - that will mess with the vertical sizes of everything if you aren’t actually using a rotary.

This has been resolved in another thread:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.