Homing Cycle Mini GRBL

I have a MINI Grbl and the homing seems to have changed - wondering if anyone can hit me with some suggestions.

It homes the Y axis, and the X axis moves, but when it hits the Y axis, both stop before the X is hit. Any ideas what could be the issue? I did resolver some of the connections could I have muddled them up? If so, which is the likely culprit?

Seriously, no one able to offer any input on this one?

Hi Adam
Not sure what a “Mini” Grbl is but I am assuming you are running the standard Grbl firmware 1.1h.
My machine does this sometimes too. If it hits the X limit first all is fine, but if it hits Y first sometimes X will stop too. And it is only sometimes. If I hit “home” again it behaves properly. Or if I move the axis manually to make sure it will hit X first it is fine.

The homing routine is handled by Grbl not LB. I have not delved to deep into trying to figure this out yet but it is on my list. New machine , long list.
Here are some of the things I have noticed.
It only seems to do it on the first homing cycle of the session all after the first seem to work fine.
I have turned off " home at startup" thinking that something was not fully awake yet. But it still does it, sometimes.
So for now, I am homing twice.
Let me know if you figure it out, I will do the same.

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks so much for the reply.

My issue seems to be the opposite way round - the initial homing cycle is fine, but after a job it just hits the one axis and stops. Ill do some playing with the GRBL and see what the issue could be.

The X and X end stop connectors were in the wrong place - I did some emergency soldering at 1am to get some orders out before Christmas and it seems I literally got my wires crossed. Unsolder, resolver. Job done.

Hope this helps someone in future

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.