Homing fail, How do I fix this?

I just am getting started.
I bought a new ortur laser master 2, after I set it up at first the home worked. now, two days later when I start the machine I get a racket when the carriage reaches the home position and I get this message:
Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

I looked on youtube and googled this but have not found a solution
can someone help me?

move the laser head to the middle of the work area and power it on then use your finger to close the limit switch before the laser head gets close. Does it stop? if it does then you either have a loose belt or something is interfering with the laser head closing the limit switch. Observation should expose the issue.

Thank you for your help. it ended up both limit switches got interfered with. the drive belt oth bottom right was a little loose and the harness on the left-right bar got in the way even though I had it lifted up with the straps.Now it stops again.

1 Like

Great! And now you even have a little better understanding of what’s going on and how to adjust/fix it later. Belts will get loose and sometimes something gets in the way or a switch fails. Good job figuring it out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.