Homing Position

To help in understanding these different Job Origin modes: Coordinates and Job Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation

When the machine is powered up, the Y axis goes to zero on the machine and the X axis goes to 10000. But honestly the X axis just stays at whatever coordinate it happens to be at that moment. That is if I do not open any software. Should my miscellaneous Return Point be set to no return at this point? Since I am not homing properly?

I did a video so that others can get a better idea of what i am saying. Please learn by it, or provide feedback that may help me in moving forward. Thanks to all for all feedback thus far.

Homing Issue YouTube Link

Check to make sure that the X axis limit sensor is actually triggering when the metal plate goes over top of it, and that it’s mounted securely - I’ve seen the screws back out of these a little, and it can be just enough to misalign them and make them inconsistent. The gap between the metal plate and the top of the sensor should be very small.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.