Hope this is not too simple a project to post here, my second Lightburn project

Hope this is not too simple a project to post here, my second Lightburn project.
A design I did from a Tee Shirt he had made. At the very least he can hang it in the Chicken Coop!

10 Likes

It’s a fine project I like it.

Nice work. I always try to support local farmers and mom and pop shops.

Thank you for sharing! A mighty fine project.

How big is the piece?
How long did it take to burn?
How did you create the graphic?
Did you use Lightburn trace? It looks like a vector file after looking closer at the engrave.

Cheers :beers:

Sas

200 x 200 mm, fits a 12" frame.
Just under a hour to burn, could maybe take less if someone knew more about this software than me.
I found a free graphic based on the Tee Shirt he had made. (the exact graphic!) Then I used trace and fiddled with that until I got what I wanted.
Here is a picture I took of his shirt.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I hope this post takes some of the mystery off of the intimidation of just experimenting and getting something created.

If this was your second project you have done a terrific job my friend.

Time to create some more. We would love to see your next project so that we may be inspired as well.

Makers gotta make!

What will you do next with Lightburn? Show us !

Cheers
:beers:
Sas

1 Like

That is a great job!! I myself have never played with trace yet, and I have been on here for almost 3 years now. Your already better than me. – Another great Texan added to the LB family!! If you look north at your 11:00 clock, I’m just two counties above you.
I’m in Clay county on the red River. Hello and happy to have you here.
Randy

I have used adobe Illustrator in the past. Lightburn is very comfortable to use for me.
Thanks for the compliment. Rode through Clay county a few times on the way to New Mexico. Very Nice country…

Looks Great, good job working with trace

@TW1

Here is a constructive observation for your future.
This suggestion comes from a former professional photographer. When creating art of living things pay particular attention to the eyes. They can change the look of your creation. Your creation will either look healthy or sick, dead or alive just by changing the eye ball.

I will put the two images side by side so you can “see” what I’m talking about.

Eyeball :eye: is a big deal in a portrait

Cheers

:beers:

Sas

2 Likes

Very nice, Terry. That’s a wow level 2nd project. Proudly hang that one anywhere your wife allows. (At least that’s how it works at my house). Personally, I’d place it above my laser … sorta like that first dollar bill from a new business. Nice job.

You are absolutely correct. I guess I overlooked that small but important detail! Here is my amended file. Even moving the eye forward or backward made the image “feel” a little different. Thanks for the catch on this one.

2 Likes

Thank you, this one is going to the Middle Son and his wife for their little “farm”.
Christmas present!

Your original engrave was good the ammended engrave has “life” and its beyond good its down right awesome :ok_hand: :clap:

I also like the level of detail on the second amended engraving It looks less " blocky" and more detailed.

I love it!

Cheers :beers:

Sas

Thank you!

Overall, I like the original better. But art is subjective.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are right, art is indeed subjective. A visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art will either inspire you or make you ask :“Why in the…?” As you look at a black dot on a canvas values over a million $s

I used to make my living off of selling large wall family portraits in Los Angeles in the late 90,s early 2000’s when I owned a portrait studio.

Bottom line people want to look in their portraits like they feel not the way they actually looked physically. It was my job as a portrait artist to pose them in a way that they look great.

In art you can alway break the rules however you need to know them first before you can break them.

The eyes always made me a lit of money. If they were lifeless they would not invest if they sparkled with life they would hand me their wallet.

Cheers

Sas

Nice work and I like we all learn a little more from each other as we go.

Nice rooster, Terry…! You can also play with the “Adjust Image” tool to fine tune and even get creative with photo’s… I have been doing a lot of portraits and it comes in very handy…
also, a thought for you… I use 3mm baltic birch most of the time… I spray it with clear satin first so after the burn, all I have to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth to get rid of the excess smoke…
Blessings,
Bill

This sone of my fav’s…
Bill

3 Likes