How and where to start a project

So I’m just getting started with an Aufero laser 2, I think it’s 5watt.

My first question is how to get the laser to start where I want it? I’m just playing with rectangular flat pieces and I’m pushing the laser to home by hand since it has no limit switches. I have my design laid out about 10mm in from the origin and I’m putting the workpiece in the corner.
I played around with “Current Position”, “User Origin”, and “Absolute Coords” but am not always able to get the laser to start at (10,10). I’m guessing that green dot is supposed to represent the laser. Maybe after the first job the laser parked at (10,10) and I pushed it to (0,0) to place my work and start job 2 caused a problem?

The controller does not know where the laser head is positioned, so the key is to establish a starting position, tell the controller where it is, and then do not ever shove the head by hand.

Home switches automate this process, but if your laser doesn’t have them, then you must start at a known position and tell the controller where the head is positioned.

Reviewing the doc will be helpful:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.