How can I engrave an outline without fill?

I will have a check, but with my model of machine it is what was demonstrated to endure your cut is accurate. With only a few test pieces the results were fab. I will check the tech tomorrow as I need to also get used to the language too!

Watch this space.

I used to fix this kind of stuff, and we had diagnostics that would determine any issues… lol…

Re reading your information. The ‘2 dots’ are the burn mark?
If that’s the case, you really need to double check the alignment.

I assume you mean m3 and the lens mount or the ‘head’. If you watch Russ’ video, you will find that’s where most of the alignment issues are, no Z on the head and no Y on m2. Hence his lightweight head.

:smiley_cat:

Yeah the 2 dots are the burn mark. They are focused to gethere by electronically raising and lowering the laser bed, when you have material on it depending on the thickness I may need to align the marks so they join.
Yes the housing I mentioned is as you described. I will watch Russ’ video.

Thanks Jack.

Maybe you should show the results of your alignment and see where that leads us.

Not knowing your level, how confident are you that m1, m2 and m3 are correctly aligned?

Although with your description, I’d hedge towards the problem being at the m3 end of things. Mainly because you are getting some kind of weird output that you can get to a dot…

Yeah, will do. I am not hugely confident, but growing as this is all very new, but I pick up quickly, carefully. I have had aligned m1, m2, and m3 on delivery, and this was demonstrated. Since then I have had minimal use of the machine. However I have a video on it too from the providers, so I think that is my tast at the weekend to do it myself for the physical familiarisation.

So, the actual description of what I was trying to say about the laser alignment is that my machine has a Dual red dot pointer system for easily and quickly lining up work. it has a motorised bed height adjustment to fine align.

That is totally different.

Most of us just use a spacer or something cut to the right height for the focus of that particular lens you are using.

So I guess your questions been answered…

Take care, have fun.

Hi Jack, yeah.

I have a spacer too to ensure not to exceed the maximum distance too. It’s all a bit overload at the moment, so I’m learning a bit more of the tech each time I get an opportunity to get on it.

Thanks for your support, catch up soon!

If you have imported an image file such as pdf you will not get an option to use the line since there arent really any lines, so you get the default of ‘fill’. You may need to select your image, then use the ‘Trace Image’ option in Lightburn which will then trace the image for you. Make sure you then place the image on a separate layer, and place the line on it’s own layer also, then you can work with the line to do a cut on the line. From there you can have either layer set to Output or not.
It may be difficult to see the line at first. The trace option is instantaneous so you dont see it happening. You may need to ‘move’ the image to see the line, then put it on it’s own layer.

Hi Peter, thanks for your response, it is very helpful. I in fact I found the trace option a few days ago, and very very useful, and clever! I have used it for a few testers which have gone well. My original post was about just when I created a simple desing on lightburn then realised my mistake which was not using the correct line/fill properly which I have now sorted.
Thank you for the info too!
Appreciated, Dave!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.